Over the years I have tried many a homemade mayonnaise recipe but none have struck my fancy. This recipe is the most similar in taste to that of a store-bought mayonnaise. It is clean, flavorful, and easy to make, making it a win-win in our kitchen!
- 1 whole egg + 1 egg yolk (room temperature)
- 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbls lemon juice
- 1/4 C Cold-pressed, Organic, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 C Melted Organic Butter
- Mix olive oil and cooled, melted butter in a small bowl-set aside.
- Add first 5 ingredients to a wide mouth, quart-sized mason jar and blend with an immersion blender.
- Slowly add in butter mixture while blending.
- Once well-mixed, slowly pull up and out with the immersion blender.
Note: Mayonnaise will thicken once refrigerated. This recipe typically stays fresh in the refrigerator for about 1 week.